Though a straight line appears to be the shortest distance between 2 points, life has a way of confounding geography. Often it is the dalliances and the detours that define us. There are no maps to guide our most important searches; we must rely on hope, chance, intuition and a willingness to be surprised.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Farewell Linlithgow

I’ve got so much to do in such a short time before I head out to Belize. It all adds up to an exhausting few months. I’m not complaining at all though, most of it is a joy to do and it’s great that I’ve got the opportunity to do this. One of the most difficult things though has been selling up my house and moving back into Edinburgh.

Linlithgow palace and friend.

On Sunday I walked for 4 miles round the town and the loch. I’ve been round this route a hundred times in the last couple of years. It was strange to walk round it for the last time.

Had a great day out at Knockhill on Saturday. Gordon’s stag-weekend was a great excuse for a fiercely competitive go-karting session, which ended in bruised ribs for me (kept spinning and presenting an unavoidable obstacle for everyone else) and a superb win for Chris, who’s laptime of 35.86 would rival Jodie Kidd and Jimmy Carr.

From L-R: Bill (aka Dad), Chris, Me, Alastair, Johnny, Gordon, Gregor, Stephen.

With 4 miles round Holyrood Park last Thursday, I’m now up to 106.5 miles.

No comments: